Have you recently started a food blog? Or thinking of starting one? If so, I have 3 of The Best Ebooks for Novice Food Bloggers to get you started on the right path.
*Post may contain affiliate links.
If I only knew then what I do know now.
I started I’m Luving This Life in March of 2016 thinking I knew what the hell I was doing.
I thought I’d hop in, make some great tasting recipes, hit publish and I’d eventually gain enough readers to supplement the income from my “job.”
Ha! Of course, I was wrong.
Food Blogging isn’t quite that simple. Thankfully, there have been some pretty cool people doing the same thing for a while and wanting to help gals like you and me.
Let’s Start With Food Photography
Man-O-Man, sometimes I think how easy it would be to pull some photos from Pixabay or some other stock photo site, throw some overlay and wording on it and be done.
That’s not a reality for Food Bloggers. If we want people to check out our recipes, we need to make them look appealing.
This is not easy to do if you have no idea what the heck you’re doing.
Case In Point:
Here we have a photo before I knew what I was doing.
And here’s one with a little more knowledge under my belt.
The lighting, the clarity and the staging…
A huge difference!
Let’s look at the stats.
Grandma’s Spaghetti Sauce was published in March and to date has had 17 Page Views.
The Not So Sloppy, Sloppy Joe was published on Oct 4th (2 weeks ago) and already has 310.
I owe that to Lindsay Ostrom of Pinch of Yum for creating her EBook, Tasty Food Photography. The book is packed with tips and tricks as well as, video tutorials.
So far, Tasty Food Photography has helped over 8,200 people take better food photos! Sooo cool!
This book is reasonably priced and works with every budget!
SEO for Food Bloggers
In hindsight, I would have taken the time to educate myself on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for my Food Blog early on.
My blog is seven months old and I’ve been flirting with 30,000 Page Views for a couple of months now.
Roughly 98% of that traffic comes from Pinterest. The other 2% is Facebook, Twitter, and Search Engines.
Had I paid attention to SEO in the beginning, that number would be much higher. I’ve since scoured the internet and found Amanda from Pickles N Honey.
Amanda has written a beautifully crafted Ebook, SEO For Food Bloggers with 50 simple things you can do now to increase your blog’s traffic.
SEO is becoming ever more important for my blog’s traffic, so this book was a no-brainer for The Best Ebooks for Novice Food Bloggers.
A Guide to Starting, Running and Monetizing your Blog.
How I Made $40k My First Year of Blogging is an Ebook written by Chelsea Lords of Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
Chelsea’s done a fantastic job of putting together an excellent book for everyone from beginner food blogger to a seasoned one. Regardless of which one you are, you’ll find knowledge here.
Some of the things you’ll cover are:
- Starting a Blog
- Placing Ads
- Social Media
- Working with Brands
- Income and Expenses
- Her Secrets to Success
As a bonus for visiting I’m Luving This Life and checking out The Best Ebooks for Novice Food Bloggers, I’ve put together a very cool Blogger’s Resource Guide that’s FREE to you. You can get it by clicking this link. In it, you’ll find everything I’ve used/done to get where I am today.
Best wishes and as always,
Lots of Luv.